Getting caught up

I have had a full year of bee keeping in 2018 and posted many videos to Facebook. Since I am starting to update my site here, I am starting off over halfway into my year with this post. This was taken around July. I have 2 Flow Hive setups that I bought at a discount from a lady that found out the hard way that she was allergic to bees. I spent a year going to bee club meetings before I ever got my bees. I tried to learn as much as I could. Even so, I still have a long road ahead of me. As I pretty much have lost all my bees this year before winter has arrived. Both hives, the queen absconded. I bought a queen for the left hive while the right hive was healthy then she did not take, I merged the two hives then that queen was gone. I was left with a full hive of bees, no queen cells and they started packing in the pollen and nectar until I was essentially honey bound. It became too late in the season to get another queen so as we approached the middle of October, I removed one box at time, shook off the bees, put the frames in the freezer for 2 days, then bagged them and stored them for next year. They would never have made it through winter and now I have a full stock of resources to start with next year! I did get a few pounds of honey out of the Flow Hive setup before it was all said and done.

 

In this video, back in July, I had already lost the queen in the hive on the left and making a plan to combine the two hives.